ID Insight is always looking for talented data scientists, developers and fraud-fighting champions to join its powerful team of experts. ID Insight team members enjoy a casual work environment, a positive, entrepreneurial culture, and competitive pay and benefits. To share your resume with us, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Systems Analyst
Established in 2003 and headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ID Insight helps financial institutions solve their most difficult fraud challenges. ID Insight combines its massive collection of data with powerful analytics to help companies prevent fraud, reduce costs and capture more business. ID Insight is different than vendors who sell off-the-shelf data products; our solutions are artfully crafted, highly configurable “decisions-as-a-service” offerings that provide unique value to hundreds of U.S. financial institutions.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining credible and effective working relationships with both product management and the Information Technology team in a way that demonstrates an understanding of business problems, as well as IT strategies, architecture, applications, issues, and priorities. In this position, you will also conduct business application analysis and will need a clear understanding of development methodology and product lifecycle management.
The Business Systems Analyst will be engaged in the initial stages of product development where you will analyze requirements to arrive at initial estimates and navigate the hand-off to the software development team. You will also be responsible for developing, documenting and maintaining functional test plans and helping the development/test automation team implement and maintain those plans for the business.
- Analyze, research and fully document issues and business requirements
- Conduct impact analysis to ensure identification of all impacts resulting from fixing problems and adding features
- Execute requirement reviews and obtain approvals from stakeholders
- Accurately document customer and business requirements to ensure effective software changes
- Translate business needs into functional requirements
- Develop thorough test plans, execute test scripts and procedures accurately, troubleshoot problems and analyze results
- Accurately prepare analysis and test schedule estimates
- Document test results thoroughly and update software test tools in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop and maintain integration, API and user documents
- 2-4 years of experience analyzing and documenting software system requirements, conducting functional analysis, and writing and executing tests
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with software development lifecycle (e.g., Agile, Iterative, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Some experience with SQL is required for query, profiling and testing
- Willingness to take the initiative to learn new tools, subjects and technologies in order to maximize value to the team and customers
- Function as a self-starter; complete assignments with minimal oversight, seek help when needed and do your part to complete the project as efficiently as possible
- Have strong oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business or related field
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Java, Groovy, Python, etc.
- Knowledge in test automation tools testing frameworks
- Familiarity with information services and data analytics
- Full time position
- Eligible for employee benefits
ID Insight is a fast-paced company with goals to provide cutting-edge data and analytic solutions that facilitate ongoing value for our clients. If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment where your efforts directly impact our outcomes, please submit your resume to email@example.com.