ID Insight is always looking for talented data scientists, developers and fraud-fighting champions to join its powerful team of experts. ID Insight team members enjoy a casual work environment, a positive, entrepreneurial culture, and competitive pay and benefits. To share your resume with us, please drop us a note at .
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a Senior Software Engineer at ID Insight, the candidate will be instrumental and responsible for providing high quality technology recommendations and solutions that address business needs by modifying existing applications and/or developing new applications in Java, Java EE and related technologies.
She or he will participate in gathering requirements and outlining proposed IT solutions, take part in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations that incorporate security requirements. They will analyze designs and build components-based applications in a web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer using various modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design methods, complex algorithmic coding and systematic approaches to application integration.
The successful candidate must be able to play an important role in development and maintenance of identity fraud detection related products and the design, implementation and maintenance of a state-of-the art solution for search and full text indexing of our customer transaction data allowing instantaneous access to highly sensitive data using large-scale information retrieval, information storage, information extraction and text classification technologies.
They must be able to code and translate predictive models and machine learning algorithms from analytic technologies into Java-based analytic models.
The successful candidate should enjoy and be equally strong in both solving complex and abstract algorithmic problems and also doing an efficient and solid implementation of the solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Six or more years of post-baccalaureate experience in progressive, object-oriented development using Java and adhering to modern web architecture through continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience and strong knowledge in application and/or product feature design using object-oriented analysis and design and EIP patterns
- Experience in designing and implementing API-driven micro-services/ web services (REST/SOAP)
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process and tools (e.g., Jenkins, Jira)
- Experience in applying industry best practices and design patterns to design and programming activities.
- Willingness to effectively contribute to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the organization.
- Familiarity with more than one operating system like Windows, Unix, Linux etc.
- Experience with source control and development coding practices
- Experience in contributing to technical decisions with various technology and product teams
- Experience with providing inputs on design of cross-channel solutions to serve the application through various channels such as Rest, SOAP, batch, etc.
- Experience in developing modern and scalable web applications targeted towards high traffic B2B applications.
- Strong experience with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i).
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues, analyzing thread dumps/heap dumps
- Experience with coaching and mentoring junior team members on technical design and solutions
ID Insight is on the front lines in the fight against identity fraud. Only ID Insight has a fraud intelligence platform combining patented analytics with massive consortium and identity datasets to stay ahead of emerging fraud schemes. If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment where your efforts directly impact business outcomes, then please submit your resume to .
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: ID Insight, 635 Ninth Street SE, Suite #215, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (Position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19)
ID Insight is a fast-paced company with goals to provide cutting-edge data and analytic solutions that facilitate ongoing value for our clients. If you enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment where your efforts directly impact outcomes, please check in periodically for new postings.